FRAUD, DECEPTION & DEATH
While Planned Parenthood boasts that abortion procedures at their facilities are safe, evidence exists to indicate that is far from the truth.
There is no way to know how many complications from abortion actually occur at Planned Parenthood clinics because there are few mandatory reporting requirements for abortion providers, who are known to often skirt the laws or under-report.
The truth about illegal and dangerous operations has been discovered through research and eye-witness accounts and gleaned through court documents and newspaper accounts. These known abortion abuses at Planned Parenthood just are just the tip of a very large iceberg.
THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING...
- Patient deaths: Tonya Reaves died July 20, 2012, from a hemorrhage caused by a perforation of her uterus during a second trimester abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Chicago, Illinois. Cree Erwin[2 ]died July 3, 2016, due to an untreated perforated uterus from a botched first trimester abortion at Planned Parenthood in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Over 100 documented medical emergencies at Planned Parenthood abortion centers across the nation from January 2015 to November 2017. For each known incident, many more go unreported and unnoticed.
- In 2015, the release of secretly recorded videos by the Center for Medical Progress showed that Planned Parenthood engaged in numerous violations of state and federal laws. Alleged violations included illegally selling aborted baby remains for profit, altering procedures to preserve fetal organs for resale, and HIPAA privacy violations.
- On December 2016, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Special Investigative Panel on Infant Lives referred Planned Parenthood to the Department of Justice after their investigations found probable cause to believe Planned Parenthood’s trafficking in aborted baby remains broke the law.
- External audits show Planned Parenthood affiliates cost American taxpayers over $130 million in waste, abuse, and potentially fraudulent overbilling and penalties.
- Closure of the entire Planned Parenthood Golden Gate affiliate for financial malfeasance.
- Abortion sales quotas that, when met, were rewarded with pizza parties.
- The widespread non-reporting of child sex abuse.
- The participation in sex-selection abortions.
- The experimental webcam abortion scam in Iowa resulted in banning the dangerous practice in at least nineteen states.
- The documentation that Planned Parenthood specifically targets minority communities, especially Blacks, for abortion.
Planned Parenthood claims to be a “relentless” provider of cancer screenings, however between 2006-2013, it cut breast cancer screenings in half. Planned Parenthood claims if it is defunded of federal tax revenue, abortions will increase. However, when Texas defunded Planned Parenthood in 2012, abortions decreased in that state by 6.5% the following year.
Through the Freedom of Information Act, some organizations (including Operation Rescue) are compiling documentation of the numerous health code violations that take place at Planned Parenthood abortion centers. Common violations include failure to observe infection control protocols such as hand washing, failure to properly sterilize surgical instruments, expired drugs, dirty facility conditions, lack of emergency plans and equipment, and untrained staff. All these create an unsafe environment for women.
It is clear Planned Parenthood presents a danger to the public that at times rises to the level of a criminal enterprise.